1) I am the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.
Have no other gods but me.
2) Do not make for yourself any sculpture or image of the things that are up there in the sky or down here on earth or in the waters beneath the earth. Do not prostrate yourself before them or serve them, for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God; I punish the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, and I use kindness to the thousandth generation towards those who love me and keep my commandments.
3) Do not take the name of the Lord your God in vain; for the Lord will not hold innocent those who take his name in vain.
4) Remember the day of rest in order to keep it holy. Work six days and do all your work, but the seventh – the Sabbath – is a day of rest consecrated to the Lord your God.
5) Honour thy father and thy mother, that thy days may be long upon the earth.
6) Do not kill.
7) Do not commit adultery/impure acts.
8) Do not steal.
9) Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
10) Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house; thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor anything of thy neighbour.
The Bible, (Exodus 20:2 – 17)